The Dean of Students has offered me a tough decision: do I ask for a withdrawal from my research, or do I ask for another extention? Either way it would need to be approved by my supervising professor, and I’m honestly not sure which is the better move. I think he would probably approve either.
On the one hand, I know my friend would want very badly for this work to continue. On the other…on the other, I do not know if I can do it, or when I will be able to.
What would you do?